“Letting go doesn’t mean giving up, but rather accepting that there are things that cannot be.”
- Get rid of material things that remind you of that person - everything but your memories (memories can help you laugh when you’re sad).
- Get closer to family (it's not the kind of love you want but it is the kind you need).
- Talk about him/her to parents, counselors, or that friend that’s been there for you. They can be trusted and they will always hold you up when you want to fall and cry!
- Know that you are not alone. It's one of life's hard lessons. Try to learn from it and strengthen yourself for having had the experience. After all, it is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all.
- Volunteer. Help others - it'll keep you active and take your mind off things.
- Study or work harder. Study is a great place to lose yourself and get ahead. And it will focus your thoughts on greater promises for the future.
What won't kill you will only make you stronger.